The Emergency Medical Response section is under the direction of Deputy Chief Randy Jackson, who has been with the Keizer Fire District since 1984. The Emergency Medical Response section’s primary focus is emergency medical response to the Keizer citizens and visitors.
Ambulances are dispatched through the 9-1-1 system and are manned by firefighters who are state certified Paramedics. The State of Oregon regulates the ambulance industry. Each fire department or private ambulance service sets their own rates, which includes a base rate, mileage charge and a fee for disposable medical supplies.
If we may be of assistance to you on a matter of fire and emergency response, please feel free to contact us at 503-390-9111.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- Healthfinder® — your guide to reliable health information
- John Hopkins Medicine
- National Association of EMS Educators
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC)
- Oregon Emergency Medical Services
- Oregon Fire Medical Administrators Association