The Training Division of the Keizer Fire District is responsible for Training and Personnel Development which enables the Fire District to accomplish its mission.
Functions of the division include:
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Background Investigations
- Training and Performance Standards
- Seatbelt Education Classes for the Public
Recent training and program development have provided an emphasis on:
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response
- Emergency Medical Technician Recertication
- Fireground Performance Standards
- Truck Company Operations
- Emergency Vehicle Operations
- Fire Pumper Operations
- Respiratory Protection – OSHA Standards
Training, in all its form, is the single most important ingredient in the readiness of firefighters as emergency responders to fulfill their assigned mission.
If we may be of assistance to you on a matter of fire training or you would like more information in becoming a volunteer firefighter please feel free to contact us at 503-390-9111.