Explorer Post 350 is associated with Keizer Fire District through the Boy Scouts of America. The purpose of an Explorer Post is to provide young men and women an opportunity to “explore” a career in the fire or emergency medical service.
Members meet once a week for training and community activities that teach them about the emergency services. Some of the training they receive can be used to obtain college credits and may also go towards State recognized fire service accreditation.
- Members of Keizer Fire District Explorer Post 350 must be between the ages of 14 years and 20 years of age and must have completed the eighth grade.
- Membership priorities are given to young adults who live, work, or attend school within the boundaries of the Keizer Fire District.
- Members of Explorer Post 350 must be in good standing in the community.
- Members of Explorer Post 350 must maintain a GPA of 2.5 to be an active member of the Post.
- Members of Explorer Post 350 must be active in all aspects of the Post.
Members of Explorer Post 350 drill once a week throughout the year. While at drill, Explorers are trained by firefighters in all aspects of firefighting and emergency medicine. Training includes fire behavior, search and rescue, ropes and knots, CPR and much more. Explorers who successfully complete training requirements and meet other guidelines qualify for a ride-along program.
Explorers also participate in various District functions like Open Houses, fund raising events, parades and many other community events.
To get started:
Fill out This Application and return to:
Ryan Russell, Explorer Advisor
Keizer Fire District
661 Chemawa RD NE
Keizer, OR 97303
Any questions, please contact Ryan Russell at 503-390-9111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org