661 Chemawa Rd NE
Keizer, Oregon 97303
Located in downtown Keizer near the intersection of River Rd N & Chemawa Rd NE, Station 350 was completed February 1997.
In the beginning, the Keizer Fire District was organized on May 4, 1948 and the equipment at that time consisted of one 1948 Ford 500 gallon pumper. This fire engine was housed under a lean to shed at the Keizer Food Lockers.
On about the first of April, 1949, the Fire Station was completed at the present location of the station erected in 1997. This original building was built to house three pieces of equipment. The back part of this building consisted of a large multi-purpose room with kitchen facilities to be used by the Firefighters and various other local community groups. The Fire Station was first remodeled in 1961 when the apparatus bay was enlarged and again in 1970, when a new multi-purpose room, kitchen and offices were added.
In 1996, the original Fire Station was demolished so that a new Fire Station could be built in the same location. This new Fire Station will house eight pieces of fire or medical apparatus, offices, sleeping quarters, an exercise room, training rooms, two kitchens, and a multi-purpose room.