Marion County Fire defense board has issued a total burn ban for all of Marion County. The total burn ban means that ALL fires are prohibited.
For the most current information, please call the Burn Information Line at (877) 982-0011.
• All campfires, warming fires, cooking fires and the use of charcoal briquettes are prohibited.
• Campers are permitted to use portable cooking stoves with liquefied or bottled fuels only that can be turned off with a valve.
• Backyard burning (yard debris, etc.)
• Agricultural burning, regulated through Department of Agriculture, contact your local fire agency for special situations.
• Land clearing or slash burning.
• Recreational fires, including:
o Backyard fire pits
o Outdoor fireplaces and portable fireplaces (Chimineas, etc.)
Individuals found to be in violation of these requirements during the burn ban may be held liable for the cost of extinguishment and for any property damage resulting from an illegal fire.
The burn ban will remain in effect until weather conditions minimize the fire danger.
Keizer Fire District urges residents to use extreme caution with smoking materials, barbecues, and other open flames.
This burn ban will remain in effect until further notice.