Keizer Fire District is accepting applications for the position of Office Manager. We seek a high-level experienced, energetic, team oriented individual who will report directly to the Fire Chief.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the fire districts office and financial system to include budget, general ledger, accounts payable, account receivable and audit. Performs the payroll function for the fire district as well as senior level support in the areas of personnel, benefits and administration; serves as primary support to the Board of Directors and Civil Service Commission. Serves as a member of the senior management team, a confidential employee and directly supervises and applies lead direction to all aspects of the fire district’s business office. The ability to maintain accountability, work independently and have responsible attendance is essential to this position. This position has the possibility of growing into the Finance Officer position in a few years if qualified.
Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and practices; ability to perform detailed work involving written or numerical data and to make mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately; knowledge of secretarial skills such as English, spelling and punctuation; skill in word processing and QuickBooks, basic computer operations, spreadsheets and standard software; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions of a complex nature; ability to use tact and resourcefulness in public contacts in explaining difficult procedures and regulations.
Education and Special Requirements
- Minimum graduation from high school or GED; preferably education or experience equivalent to associates degree or above with emphasizes in accounting, financial reporting, computer programs, secretarial skills, and knowledge of Oregon Budget Law.
- Three years of progressively responsible office experience and one year in a supervisory capacity in an accounting setting.
- Public agency experience in accounting; work experience dealing with the public.
- Fire Service experience preferred.
Position and Application Deadline
- Salary $64,986 – $92,185
- Application packets must be received by November 2, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
- Keizer Fire District employment application, Job Description, “Authorization for Release of Information and Waiver of Privilege” form, “Informed Consent” form and supplemental questionnaire are available at www.keizerfire.com.
- To apply send completed Keizer Fire District employment application, all required and completed forms, supplemental questionnaire, cover letter, and resume to:
- Keizer Fire District
- 661 Chemawa Road NE
- Keizer, Oregon 97303
Incomplete applications will be discarded