661 Chemawa Rd NE
Keizer, OR 97303
Want to learn how to install your child’s car safety seat for free? Trained technicians will teach you. We also check for recalls and the best fit for your child’s size and age. We can also receive and recycle any expired car seats during our events.
Trained safety technicians will check your child’s car seat for:
- Correct installation.
- Recalls and damage.
- Best fit for weight, height and age.
Need help buying a car seat?
If you need help buying a car or booster seat, you might be eligible for Salem Health’s Car Seat Assistance Program. Call 503-814-2432 for information and to make a reservation for a Saturday clinic.
You’ll need to come in to the CHEC to make arrangements first—and get a voucher for the clinic.
Eligibility. Parent/guardian must provide proof of income eligibility, such as a WIC, OHP or Oregon Trail card, and currently need a new car seat—as determined at a car seat safety check.
Co-pay. A $30 cash co-pay per seat must be paid in advance at Salem Health Community Health Education Center (CHEC) to reserve a seat.
You will need to show your (or your child’s) WIC, OHP or Oregon Trail card. You will be given a voucher to bring to the next clinic to obtain the seat.
Availability. Seats are available by reservation.
- Seats are only provided to parents or legal guardians; they must be present to obtain the seat.
- One seat per child.
- The child receiving the seat must be present unless the baby is not yet born.
- The vehicle in which the child travels must be brought to the car seat check.
- Parents or guardians will be taught to correctly install and use the car seat.
For information on car seat laws, safety recommendations or other clinics, go to
Oregon Impact: Child Safety Seat Resource Center at www.oregonimpact.org.