AED Loaner Program
The Keizer Fire District is proud to offer a valuable program, that will aid our community in the treatment and survival of sudden cardiac arrest victims. The new program allows the general public to “check out” an automated external defibrillator (AED) for group events within the fire district.
Eligibility Criteria for Qualified Providers to receive a loaner AED:
2. Valid CPR card
3. Reviewed the “AED Instructional Video”
4. Event must be within the boundaries of the Keizer Fire District
5. Provided a $1,000 cash deposit or provide a check for $1,000.
To request a loaner AED:
1. Requests for a Loaner AED must be received by the Keizer Fire District no later than 5 business days before the intended usage date. The request must be made during business hours, Monday-Friday 08:00 am – 4:00 pm.
2. Approval requests are subject to AED and training availability.
3. Approval or denial of the request will be communicated to the applicant by the Keizer Fire District in-person, or by phone or e-mail.
4. Upon approval of the request Keizer Fire District will only loan the device to a Qualified Provider who has completed all of the eligibility criteria shown above. This individual is responsible for the training, transportation, storage, operation and return of the AED. Regular and proper maintenance of the equipment will be the responsibility of the Keizer Fire District.
5. The Qualified Provider will be responsible to:
- Sign a release of liability waiver (Form AED-1)
- Fill out the “AED Loaner Check List” (Form AED-2)
- Provide a $1,000.00 deposit or provide a check made out to the District in the amount of $1,000. The deposit or the check will not be used unless the Qualified Provider fails to return the AED, in the same or similar condition, within 5 days of the return date.
6. Training and AED pick-up and return is available Monday-Friday 08:00 am -4:00 pm. For weekend events, units may be picked up the Friday before the event and returned the following Monday. An extension of up to 90 days may be granted by the AED coordinator if an AED is available.
7. AEDs will not be loaned for longer than 90 days.
To reserve an AED or to get further information please contact Anne-Marie Storms at (503) 390-9111 You can also email Fire Prevention here.