Keizer Fire District requests that all buildings and suites have a rapid entry system for quick access in the event of an emergency. Oregon Fire Code Section 506.1.1 states that an approved lock shall be used for this purpose. Keizer Fire District uses the Knox Box system as the rapid entry system approved for any building within our jurisdiction. The link below will take you to the KNOX-BOX® Rapid Entry System webpage to view and order a box for the Keizer area.
- Go to KnoxBox
- Click on the Shopping Cart to order.
- Choose Keizer Fire as the service provider for the area
- On the next screen, click the large green box that says, “Proceed with PreAuthorization Order”
- Choose your product(s), add to cart
- Fill in the street address for the installation
- When product is installed, contact us to lock.
Keizer Fire’s part of the procedure:
- Knox sends an e-mail to authorize the transaction and verify the installation address is in Keizer Fire’s jurisdiction
- Once Knox gets verification, they notify the customer and complete the transaction.
- Keizer Fire receives an e-mail when the product ships.
Note: Orders can still be placed via paper order forms, and must be signed by an authorized Knox signer.