Save Money on Ambulance Transport with Capital FireMed.
The concept is simple. Capital FireMed was started in the Salem area in 1987 to make ambulance transport more affordable. For an annual $70 membership, all household members receive unlimited emergency ambulance service within the Capital FireMed service area. FireMed provides a 50% benefit of the patient responsibility for emergency 911 activated ambulance transport.
Changes to the Capital FireMed Ambulance Subscription program effective January 1, 2021.
- Capital FireMed benefit coverage is limited to ambulance emergency 911-activated transport
- Capital FireMed benefit coverage to 50% of patient responsibility without an annual cap
- Annual membership fee will increase to $70
If you receive fire protection from the Keizer Fire District, Marion County Fire District #1, or the Salem Fire Department, you are eligible to join Capital FireMed.
The Capital FireMed program has expanded and simplified coverage. All permanent members of a household are covered with one membership and coverage has been made available to those in extended care facilities.
How to sign up.
To sign up for Capital FireMed, fill out the Membership Application Form. Mail the form, along with your first year’s membership fee to the address listed on the form.
Click here to review the Capital FireMed Terms of Agreement.
To Contact Capital FireMed.
Mailing Address: PO Box 31001-2191 Pasadena CA 91110-2191 Phone: 503-588-6428
Services that Capital FireMed provides.
- Capital FireMed benefit coverage is limited to ambulance emergency 911-activated transports.
- Capital FireMed benefit coverage is 50% of patient responsibility without an annual cap.
- Customer service after the call; Capital FireMed coverage has staff to help handle insurance claims associated with your transport.
What Capital FireMed does not cover.
- Wheelchair transportation for routine trips such as doctor visits.
- Stretcher transport when the assistance of an emergency medical technician is not necessary.
Where do the proceeds go?
Your membership payments are working to keep the ambulance service trained and equipped to provide a high standard of care, to provide valuable health care information, and to keep rates under control. Your money will be working for you even in years when your family does not need transport by ambulance.
Where will the membership work?
Agreements have been signed with other FireMed agencies to increase the coverage beyond the Keizer area to most of Oregon. This makes the prospect of an ambulance membership more useful to our mobile population. Over 40 ambulance providers have joined in this agreement. They combine to form the largest ambulance membership base in the country.