- Must be at least 18 years old
- Posses a valid and insurable Oregon Driver License
- Enrolled as a full-time student in the Fire Suppression Program at Chemeketa Community College (other accredited college programs will be considered)
- Successfully pass a physical exam, including a drug test
- Successfully pass a background investigation and DMV check
- Free housing at the Keizer Fire District’s station.
- Study area, computer access w/ internet, paid utilities.
- Up to $1,500.00 per term in tuition reimbursement.
- Fire and EMS training and experience.
- Use of on-duty station-uniform, structural turnouts and wildland gear.
Participants will work under the established District volunteer position description #5.15 and are expected to assist with volunteer sponsored events, activities, and District training.
Participants are directly supervised by the on-duty officer
Participants must maintain a 3.0-or better, “B” average GPA and are required to submit a copy of each progress and final report card to the Districts Training Chief.
Participants serve at the discretion of the Fire Chief and are at will members.
Applicants must complete a Keizer Fire District volunteer application and return it to Division Chief Blanco. Applicant will be schedule for an oral interview.
Please complete the application below and email, upload it here, mail, fax or drop it off to: Division Chief Hector Blanco. Successful applicants will be required to pass a physical exam and background check.
Applications and more information can be found below:
- Resident Volunteer Flyer
- Resident Volunteer Step by Step Procedure
- Resident Volunteer Employment Application
For any Questions please contact Division Chief Blanco here: Contact Us