- Registration and or participation at an accredited college
- Valid and insurable Oregon Driver License
- NFPA Firefighter I
- NFPA Driver
- NFPA Hazardous Materials Operations Responder
- Oregon EMT – Basic (Preferred)
- College scholarship for tuition, books and or related approved fees not to exceed $5,250.00 per calendar year.
- Cooperative Work Experience-College Credits.
- Technical and specialty on the job training and experience.
- Resume, training hours, and certification.
- Use of station facilities and equipment per policy. Appropriate use of computers, internet, office equipment, laundry, cable TV, sleeping quarters, shop facility.
- Program mentoring coaching, and counseling to succeed from veteran personnel.
- Use of on-duty station-uniform, structural turnouts and wildland gear.
The program accepts individuals who are enrolled in the Chemeketa Fire Program, and will consider other accredited college programs. As a member of the student program, the student volunteer will be assigned to one of the (3) shifts.
Student hours are every sixth day; for either a 12 hour or 24 hour shift 6pm to 6am the following morning or 6am to 6am on weekends or holidays.
Please complete the application below and email, upload it here, mail, fax or drop it off to: Division Chief Hector Blanco.
- Keizer Volunteer Student Program Flyer
- Keizer Volunteer Student Step by Step Procedure
- Keizer Volunteer Student Application
For any Questions please contact Division Chief Blanco here: Contact Us